HSML provides strategic IP portfolio counseling to help companies acquire, maintain, commercialize and enforce their intellectual property. HSML assists companies in deciding how best to:
- protect new products, technologies and brands;
- negotiate and conclude IP license and transaction agreements;
- conduct IP due diligence investigations for business mergers/acquisitions;
- implement IP watches to monitor activities of competitors;
- negotiate and draft the IP provisions of client business contracts such as OEM or contract manufacturing, distribution, joint ventures, and joint development arrangements
The firm works with clients to efficiently manage patent annuities and maintenance fees and trademark renewals both in the U.S. and worldwide.